For more information about admissions contact email@example.com
The tuition fee covers the cost of teaching, but not the cost of study materials, travelling to and from Brno and Utrecht, or living expenses (such as accommodation, food and insurance). You will therefore need a well-balanced financial plan to support you through your studies.
Tuition fee Year 1 (Masaryk University): 3000 EUR
Tuition fee Year 2 (Utrecht University): 2006 EUR for EU/EEA applicants; 15 167 EUR for non-EU/EEA applicants
Scholarship opportunities: e.g. Visegrad Fund (http://visegradfund.org/)
We welcome applications to the Double-Degree Master programme in European Governance from candidates with a BSc or BA in disciplines such as social studies, law, economics, governance and organizational science, liberal arts and sciences, sociology, political science, international relations or European studies. A visible previous interest in European issues is expected. The minimum conditions of entry are to hold a Dutch or Czech Bachelor's Degree in these fields, or an international equivalent thereof.
For applicants a minimum score is required in one of the following tests of English-language proficiency;
- International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) - Academic test: A minimum score of 7.0 overall, with a minimum of 6.0 in each component (including writing) is required.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL 100 or above on the internet-based test is required.
- Cambridge EFL examinations: applicants with the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English must have obtained at least a B grade. Applicants with the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English must have obtained at least a C grade.
Students are considered to be proficient in English and do not need to provide an English language test score if they are from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, UK, USA or South Africa, and the language in which they gained all their qualifications was English.
The students must have passed the exams of all courses of first year in order to continue with the second year.
Application and selection procedure
The deadline for application is 1st April.
See the details here: http://www.uu.nl/masters/en/european-governance.
Only qualified and motivated students will be selected to participate in this study programme. Selection will take place on the basis of the above-mentioned criteria and a personal interview, which will take place at the participating university most convenient to the candidates.
A joint selection committee will recommend applicants for admission based on:
- a CV
- a motivation letter
- two letters of recommendation
- list of followed courses and grading
- (if applicable) English Language test
An interview at one of the participating universities can be part of the selection procedure.
Please apply directly to Utrecht University: