The Energy Security Studies Master´s degree programme reacts on a long-term demand by employers coming from both the private and public sphere for professional energy analysts.
The curriculum of the Program is centred around the analysis of EU and energy markets in the Central Europe, impacts of the new trends in energy sector, new actors at energy markets and dynamics of relations arising between the leading world producers, consumers, and transit countries. In addition to these topics, the lectures also focus on environmental, technical, economic, and legal aspects of energy policy. The attention is also turned to theoretical approaches to the problem and research methods. Program provides students with complex education necessary for their engagement in the fields where energy policy is created and implemented. Most of the lecturers are the leading experts in the field from the Czech Republic and abroad.
The program curricula focus on following areas:
• Energy as the part of foreign policy
• EU energy policy
• Liberalization of energy markets
• Energy security of the Czech Republic and of the Visegrad countries
• New consumers at the world markets
• Unconventional resources of natural gas
• Infrastructural projects for transportation of oil and natural gas
• Role of the civil society in the process of infrastructural projects making
• New trends in energy sector